I've updated the NEX-5N Adobe color profiles pack with a new standard profile build from a real color checker shot:
I haven't seen to many differences from the previous profile build from the NEX-5 one, maybe because the color engines of the two cameras are very similar.
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Thursday, November 24, 2011
A new firmware for the SLT-A77 and the SLT-A65 is available from Sony.
Improvements over version 1.04:
- Provides support for the following automatic compensation compliant lenses: SAL24F20Z, SAL85F14Z, SAL135F18Z, SAL70300G, SAL35F18, SAL50F18
- Improves Auto review response
- Improves the responses for the front/rear dials
- Improves response between power SW operation and power off
- Improves AF response with 500mm F4 G SSM (SAL500F40G) lens
- Improves AF accuracy for scenes which include overexposed areas
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 1.05:
- Provides support for the following automatic compensation compliant lenses:
Vario-Sonnar T DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA (SAL1680Z)
DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 (SAL16105)
- Improves the responses for the front/rear dials when assigned for exposure compensationImproves picture quality for 24p movie recording (NTSC regions only)
- Improves overexposed images while in ADI flash control
- Improves usability
If there is an issue on upgrading procedure, please do this recovery procedure:
- Turn ON the camera.
- Press MENU, Play, MOVIE buttons simultaneously.
- While Pressing these buttons, turn OFF the camera.
- Release your fingers, and wait over 30 seconds.
- Press MENU, Play, MOVIE buttons simultaneously again.
- While Pressing these buttons, now turn ON the camera.
- Release your fingers.
Please try again to perform updating procedure after camera is rebooted
Monday, November 14, 2011
From the following links you can download the latest version of the Sony RAW development software, Image Data Converter Ver.4.0:
- Support for the latest cameras, including NEX-5N, NEX-7, SLT-A65, SLT-A77
- The previous software Image Data Lightbox and Image Data Converter SR are combined to improve the operability.
- Tone reproduction performance in high intensity areas when using D-Range Optimizer is improved.
I'm not a fan of IDC, but sometimes I'm using it to check its color reproduction, specially when I'm not sure of Adobe Lightroom color rendering.